The Cygnus Diving Club is under the direct control of our head coach, Robert Breau. There are different committees formed to oversee and facilitate different tasks. These committees report directly to the head coach to ensure that the club is moving in the desired direction and that it's objectives are being met. Anyone interested in getting involved with one of the committees can contact Robert.
The Cygnus Diving Club has been in existence since 1981 and in that time has been home to many national level divers as well as providing Learn-to-Dive Programs for the community, coaching clinics, regional training camps and officials clinics.
- We have taken 16 divers to national championships in the last two years
- The last five Canada Games Teams, spanning 20 years, were comprised solely of members of Cygnus producing 3 Gold medals and one Bronze
- Over the years we have produced numerous National level divers who have accumulated one medal and 51 top twelve finishes
- Many of our divers have excelled. Some highlights are:
- Team member of the 1992 Olympic Team
- Head Coach of the Thunder Bay Diving Club
- Three Senior National team Members
- World Team member for Trampoline 1997
- A majority of the coaches and instructors who have helped promote and enhance diving throughout Nova Scotia and the Atlantic region have their roots at Cygnus
- Instrumental in the revitalisation of the Centennial Pool
- Part of the community